• Global Logistics Associates (GLA Inc.) was founded in 1989 in the State of Florida, U.S.A., as a non-profit corporation of independent freight forwarders and Customs brokers. The group was organized to promote common business interests through friendly and fraternal cooperation.
• The purpose of GLA was to foster and encourage the international commerce and distribution of goods by air, ocean and inland transportation.
• On January 1995, GLA founded its own NVOCC, but under a separate for profit entity and it was named GlobeTrans International (GTI Inc.).
• In 2002, Global Logistics Associates Inc. and GlobeTrans International were transferred to The Netherlands and based in Rotterdam. With the change to a new management company, GLA changed its legal form and structure into that of a Dutch Association.
• In 2007, GLA B.V. was restructured through a Deed of Incorporation.
• In January, 2011, GLA changed its exclusivity rule from country exclusivity into a port or airport exclusivity. Exclusivity to an area is now granted where members can do their own air and ocean forwarding and sales and marketing activities.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.